Promoting/Supporting & Hindering Factors for CSR
The module aims to provide participants with a sound understanding of the development and practice of CSR, and the deep appreciation of its hindering and promoting factors.
• Development of CSR around the world
• learning stages
• Standards and norms for CSR
• Implementation of CSR amongst multinational
enterprises in Africa
• The Role of International Development Agencies in
supporting CSR in Africa
• Managing CSR – soft and hard approaches
• Conception and drivers of CSR – promoting factors
• Key challenges of CSR - hindering factors of CSR
• The way forward
On successful completion of this module the participant should:
1. Develop an understanding of the development of
CSR, its various learning stages, and the standards
and norms of its practice.
2. Appreciate the role of international development
agencies in supporting CSR in Africa.
3. Be able to learn and evaluate the implementation of
CSR amongst multinational enterprises in Africa.
4. Develop an appreciation for the various approaches
of managing CSR.
5. Develop the appreciation of the promoting and
hindering factors of CSR.
6. Be able to learn and evaluate the various recommen
dations on the way forward to CSR in Africa.